An eight month journey that walks lead pastors through six one-day seminars to help gain outward-focused traction.
The propensity for any church to turn inward-focused poses a real threat to the mission. The longer an organization exists, the more energy, resources, time, and money are needed to care for the insiders. The solution to transitioning an inward-focused church culture into a life-giving outward-focused culture requires a number of strategies. Present-day statistics suggest that churches are in crisis and dying. Although some churches close their doors, hope exists in transforming inward-focused churches into outward-focused life-giving churches.
Transitioning a church culture from inward-focused to outward-focused requires more than adding a few strategies one would find in a book or at a conference. Rather than considering another program of evangelism, the Cohort journey challenges pastors and church leaders to deal with the key underlying issues that cause an inward-focused church and prohibit the church from being outward-focused.
What people are saying
Cohorts | One Days | Speaking
Outward Focused Cohort
Dates, Times & Location for 2017 – 2018:
- Olympia WA | 9:30am – 4:00pm
- Oct 24, Nov 21, Jan 19, Feb 27, Apr 3, May 1
- Sunnyside WA | 9:30am – 4:00pm
- Oct 27, Dec 1, Jan 26, Mar 2, Apr 6, May 11
Registration is for lead pastors, the cost is $300 per church or independent leader. A reading list will be provided and participants will be responsible for the cost of books. Prior to the first session, an email will be sent with further details. Online registration will be available through the end of day on October 5th 2016.
The NWMN is offering a 50% discount for Churches under 125. Additional scholarships may be available by request. Please email Marianne Giberson for your discount code or if you have any questions!
2016 – 2017 Cohort Syllabus:
- Session One – The Terminal Church – Inward Focused What is an Inward-Focused Church?/ Characteristics of an Inward-Focused Church
- Session Two – Creating Outward-Focused Tension Assessment of Community/ Assessment of the Leadership and Membership/Characteristics of an Outward-Focused Church/ Pre Session Reading and Homework Required
- Session Three – Developing Outward-Focused Theology God’s Mission of Sending and Blessing/ Biblical Purposes of an Outward-Focused Church/ Biblical Examples of Outward Focused Leaders/ Pre Session Reading and Homework Required
- Session Four – Outward-Focused Transition –Part 1 Cultural Outward Transition Questions/ How to transition the culture of the church/ Tranistion for the Great Commission/ Pre Session Reading and Homework Required
- Session Five – Outward-Focused Transition – Part 2 Cultural Outward Transition Questions/ How to transition the culture of the church/ Tranistion for the Great Commission/ Pre Session Reading and Homework Required
- Session Six – Gaining Traction with Outward – Focused Tactical Lenses Guiding Principles for Outward-Focused Churches/ Pre Session Reading and Homework Required
- Outward-focused Theology/ Preaching
- Outward-focused Vision Casting/ Outward-focused Language
- Outward-focused Finances/ Outward Focused Alignment
- Outward-Focused Relationships/ Outward Focused Staff
- Outward Focused Public Gatherings/ Outward Focused Assimilation
- Outward Focused Prayer/ Outward Focused Spiritual Empowerment